Accounting Specialist Intern
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Accounting Operations
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future - enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
The Finance & Accounting Department primarily consists of two teams: 1) Accounting, which is responsible for preparing the Company’s financial statements, client billing, filing tax returns, as well as many other duties required of a publically traded Company; and 2) Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis, which is responsible for companywide budgeting, financial forecasting, analysis of results and long-term financial strategy.
As an intern and member of our Accounting team, you will be responsible for assisting the accounting team with month end activities and special projects as needed. You will be directly involved in some aspects of accounts payable cycle, revenue recognition analysis and commissions forecasts.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- A self-motivated individual eager to learn, ask questions and partner with a buddy or mentor to complete tasks with high quality.
- A desire to Build cross-functional relationships across the organization through communicating monthly departmental results to business partners.
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers.
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day.
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles.
- Customers at the center of everything we do.
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments.
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency.
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers.
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
During the last three months, you would have:
- Learned something that you are excited about.
- Built relationships and had exposure to various types and levels of stakeholders across the finance team.
- Completed the assigned project.
- Learned about the accounting software that we use and utilized it to complete several tasks.
- Found innovative ways to increase the quality of your work by leveraging technology.
- Shared your knowledge and interests with others within the finance team.
- Contributed to fiscal year end close, including assistance on financial auditor’s requests.
- Shared feedback on the program.
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017