Paylocity is a cloud-based payroll processing and software company that operates in a direct-to-client capacity. Paylocity leads the industry by combining cutting-edge products with outstanding customer service and has been recognized by both local and national publications for successful innovation and growth.
With three major locations in Schaumburg, Illinois, Lake Mary, Florida, and Boise, Idaho, along with a robust remote workforce, Paylocity offers its employees exceptional culture, complete benefits, and opportunities for advancement - achievements affirmed by consistently high rankings by Glassdoor for Best Places to Work, Best CEO, and Best Places to Interview.
Paylocity is a company made up of people who love where they are and what they do. We are always looking for dedicated people to join us.
The Tax Department is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Tax Filing Service is responsible for Tax Deposits exceeding $40 billion annually and filing 800,000 tax returns. The Tax Compliance Team is primarily responsible for balancing the Payroll system to the Tax System and reconciling variances for new and existing customers. The Tax Specialist I will demonstrate a basic understanding of root causes to notices in order to maintain a consistent closure at minimum of the designated quota, while learning basic tax knowledge and tax department processes and procedures. The will communicate with agencies directly to resolve or monitor progress of resolution, as well as provide detailed explanation to the clients regarding cause and resolution of the issue.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Research and Resolve Payroll Tax Notices from Agencies
- Communicate with customers (usually in writing) to provide status updated and resolution to issues
- Prevent Tax Notices with Special Projects designed to target specific known issues
- Review, balance and prepare Amended Tax Returns
- Communicate information to Account Managers so customer is up-to-date on our activities
- Collaborate with internal teams to strengthen processes and deliverables
- Requesting penalty abatements
- Keep up-to-date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies